There are only nine shopping days left to find that perfect gift for the craft beer enthusiast in your life. So I thought I would do my part to ease the shopping burden and offer up some of the most coveted things on my list this year as well as some recommendations based on a few of my favourite things:
1.Serpent’s Stout from The Lost Abbey. A winter warmer with French roast coffee, dark chocolate, deep malt and a touch of vanilla.
2.Recycled Beer Glasses from Uncommon Goods. Handmade in Columbia from discarded, recycled and re-purposed glasses.
3. The Ontario Craft Brewers Discovery Pack from the LCBO. Six of Ontario’s finest beers.
4. Handmade Brew Slate Coasters from BadLuckArtCo. Super fun beer mats mounted on slate and completely waterproof. Fantastic Idea.
5. Stone Brewing Co. Tour. The tours are free and include a guided beer tasting. Or if you really love the Beer Geek in your life a whole tour of the Cali Brewing Scene followed by a little surfing (hint, hint).
6. Gift certificate(s) to participate in one of the many great beer tasting events happening in BC’s Lower Mainland, shop at one of our great independent liquor stores and/or imbibe at a great tap houses.
7. A Beerquet from 99 Bottles; like flowers but drinkable! A hand-selected assortment of six beers from their stellar collection AND a gift card to boot. Who says you need to say it with flowers.
8. Beer Gear like “Stay Pretty & Drink Real Beer” T-shirt or Brewelry (jewellery handmade from old kegs) from Pretty Things Beer and Ale Project.
9. Home-brewing Course at the Vancouver Pastry School (extract brewing for the beginner and all grain brewing for the advanced) or a home-brewing start-up kit from Dan’s Home-brewing for those adventurous sorts that just like to wing it!
10. Antique Irish Guinness Beer Pulls, Bar Taps, from Stoneybatter Pub, Dublin, Ireland.
11. Beer Books. There are quite a few good ones but for an all-round great and easy read with lots of information on all things beer related you can’t beat Randy Mosher’s Tasting Beer. For something more in tune with the season try Christmas Beer by Don Russell.
12. Vintage Retro Inspired Rustic Cast Iron Bottle Opener from the Shabby Shak. Never go searching for your bottle opener again (Etsy listing).